Here at Hawkridge & Company, we value our clients and pride ourselves in providing high quality care and always going that extra mile. We combine staff aspirations with business goals to ensure that our staff receive the relevant training in order to always provide the right Legal advice.
We offer a friendly and supportive working environment where you are able to work as part of a team as well as using your own initiative. Whatever role you undertake here at Hawkridge & Company, you will receive the training and guidance required to grow and develop both your career goals and your personal goals.
If you would like to join the Hawkridge & Company team, please email your C.V and covering letter to our Managing Partner, Tristan Alder, who shall be pleased to hear from you.
Our current vacancies are listed below – speculative applications are also welcome.
Job Title: Conveyancing Solicitor, Licensed Conveyancer or FCILEx
Department: Residential Conveyancing
Position: Full-Time Permanent
Office Hours: 9:15 – 17:15 & 1 hour lunch
25 days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Experience: Minimum of 2 Years PQE
Location: Gillingham Kent
We are a small established firm of Solicitors looking for an experienced Solicitor, Licensed Conveyancer or FCILEx to join our thriving Conveyancing department.
Using your experience and knowledge you will be able to work under pressure maintaining attention to detail and meet tight deadlines. The right candidate will have excellent communication and organisational skills at all levels and a true team ethos.
Maintaining the highest level of client service to all parties. Handling files both Freehold and Leasehold from initial instruction through to completion having ensured that all enquiries have been dealt with, title issues have been accurately resolved, all searches carried out and checked, and mortgage conditions satisfied.
Duties: Your duties will be, but not limited to:
- Managing files of a leasehold and freehold nature, including new builds, re-mortgages, transfers of equity and help to buy
- Title checking
- Preparation of contracts and supporting documents
- Checking official copy documents
- Liaising with clients, clients’ agents, borrowers, asset managers, buyers’ Solicitors
- internal departments and any other as necessary
- Dealing with post completion issues
- Ensuring all billing is accurate and timely
The Candidate: The right candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills and be able to set an example to other members of the team in delivering exceptional Customer service
- Able to make independent decisions relating to your area of responsibility
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the SRA Code of Conduct and any other governing/regulatory body’s rules and regulations, e.g. Land Registry and CML
- Excellent IT skills and experience using a case management system
- High attention to detail and able to prioritise
- Work well under pressure within a fast paced environment
- Team player
- Able to motivate, drive and inspire others to conduct their best work
- Excellent spelling and grammar