Our Later Life planning team can offer you help and advice with the following:-
- Lasting Powers of Attorney – which cover not just financial authority but decisions on Health Care and Residence.
- Court of Protection. Where the Lasting Power needs registration or it has been left too late to make a Lasting Power.
- Funding of Nursing and Residential Care Homes. If you are ill it may be that you should not pay for your care.
- Protecting the Family Home.
- Advice on Pensions and Benefits
- Releasing the Equity in your home
- Home Visits Available
The Mental Capacity Act 2005 must be applied whenever there is a question as to the mental capacity of an individual. These principles are now at the core of how social services, hospitals, nursing homes and how all professionals must conduct themselves when dealing with any individual. It also dictates how an attorney should behave in acting in their capacity as an attorney.
Our Law For Later Life team is headed by John & Mark Hawkridge, both of which are full accredited members of Solicitors For The Elderly, an independent, national organisation of lawyers, such as solicitors, barristers, and chartered legal executives who provide specialist legal advice for older and vulnerable people, their families and carers.
Contact Sarah Hopper or Mark Hawkridge
on 01634 854 381 or
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com